Monday, April 4, 2011

there aren't any drugs in my bloodstream, i promise!

So the assistant to the vice principal (I guess that's what she is) knocked on my classroom door and interrupted my class to give me bad news. It's not so much bad news as it is annoying and frustrating news. You know that medical check I wrote about here? Well, I have to do it all over again!! She said the reason why I (and my two other co-workers) have to do it again is because starting April 2011 the Korean government wanted to start testing for drugs. I think she's lying, or I think the president told her to lie, or something, because it says right in my contract that as part of the medical check a drug test will be done to test for heroin, cocaine, and philopon (Japanese meth). The president obviously screwed up and forgot to tell the medical staff to test us for drugs when we went for our medical checks.

You'd think that since we only need the drug test portion done that we'd just need to give a blood sample, but noooooo... for some nonsensical reason, we have to do the whole entire procedure all over again. The co-worker who cried last time she gave blood was not happy when she heard the news. Poor girl.

Well, at least I don't have to go through half the day without eating anything like I had to last time because my appointment was after lunch and I wasn't allowed to eat anything beforehand. This time my appointment is first thing in the morning. I can eat breakfast right after.

I'll let you know how it goes this second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment