Sunday, April 3, 2011

Of course I miss home.

I miss...

-the familiarity
-playing cards at my sister and brother-in-law's house almost every weekend
-eating at my sister and brother-in-law's house pretty much every weekend
-my parents
-my siblings and their squabbles (not really, but sort of)
-watching my nieces grow up so fast
-Maggie (my parent's dog)
-my extended family's gatherings (yeah, I'm not kidding)
-working at SPL (that's right, I actually liked going in to work)
-the staff at SPL (you all rock!)
-our car
-having a dishwasher, oven, and dryer
-watching HD channels on an HD TV
-having a PVR
-my shows (What Not to Wear, Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, Oprah, Ellen... haha)
-having a closet
-soft clothes (everything gets crusty when you don't have a dryer)
-speaking English to everyone and having them understand me
-being spoken to in English immediately
-having a larger living space (we used to chase each other around the house because we're mature)
-our bbq
-our soft bed
-having everything written in English
-my personal bubble (they have no problems pushing, shoving, and elbowing you without apology here)
-BC mountains
-our computer chair (the one we have really sucks)
-being able to flush toilet paper down the toilet
-getting weekly massages for free (SPL benefits were pretty good)
-ground turkey
-most of all... struggling to pay off our debt (NOT!!!)

We're doing this for a better future for us and for our unborn kids.

As much as I miss all of these things and all of you, I'm really glad we're here taking care of business and grabbing life by the balls!

2 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud at you missing "soft clothes!" soooo true though! it especially sucked when drying jeans...it felt like sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks! :( we miss you guys too. maybe if you wrote a post of things you like about being there, it will be less difficult...maybe? i would like to know what you find cool out there, besides the food...

    ReplyDelete