Wednesday, March 30, 2011

my voice is dead

This happens to me every time I'm in this country! Actually, I lose my voice back home, too, but it never fails when I'm in Korea. No matter how well-armed I am with vitamin C, ColdFX, echinacea, oil of oregano. I always catch something. But, I have to say that the ColdFX is definitely helping BIG TIME. Before this stuff, my colds used to last a week, but ColdFX coupled with a litre or two of orange juice and the next day I feel 80% better. Yesterday at around 4pm it hit me during one of my classes. I sneezed 3 times and felt like garbage from that point on and for the remainder of the night. So, I watched an episode of The Wire in bed, did a bit of marking in bed, drank a bunch of OJ in bed, took my ColdFX pills and hit the hay. Today, I'm feeling better physically, but my voice is gone. Can't yell at my kids, so they don't listen to me (even more so). I pretty much gave up today.

Wow, that was boring. Sorry to bore you with all that, but I just wanted to let you know why I haven't posted anything in 3 days.

Dennis is watching Jackass 3 right now and it's really distracting. What a horrible movie!!! I've never seen any of them, but I think I'm going to publish this post so that I can cringe some more, smirk, and complain to Dennis how horrible this movie is. What fun! Haha! These guys are brutal!

There's a midget in this movie?

2 comments:

  1. Dealing with 20 kindergarten kids must be tough. I suggest using the 'Prison Rules' method of gaining control. Find the one kid who seems to be the leader of the bunch and push him down. Sit on him or her until they start to cry and then scream at the other children "You want some of this?!!?!"

    You'll probly get fired, but at least the children will know forever who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! We are sick too! Mackenna had a super high fever the last couple days - 39.7 celsius! Took her to a clinic and she has an ear infection - her first one ever. She was so weak all she wanted to do was cuddle...so of course, I'm sick now too. I had a fever last night and coughing up yucky stuff. This is all hubby's fault, of course! Brought home the virus! I forgot my cold fx today. So that stuff works even though you already have the cold? Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete