Saturday, March 12, 2011

mother nature has attacked Japan... magnitude 8.9

Towards the end of my two hour break at work yesterday I noticed that a few people were posting things on Facebook about an earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I didn't really pay much attention to it because I thought it was just about the quakes they'd had in the past. But then I heard a phone ringing in the staff room and to my surprise it was my itouch. My brother was FaceTime calling me. I answered and he asked if I was alright and I was like, "Yeah, why?". He explained that Japan just had a magnitude 8.4 earthquake. This has now been changed to 8.9. I had to cut the conversation short because the last bell had just rung and if I didn't leave ASAP, the shuttle bus to the subway station would leave without me. They don't wait.

So far the death toll is around 300, but I'm sure it'll continue to grow. It's so terrible. Korea's fine because the earthquake epicenter is on the other side of Japan. There were tsunami warnings for surrounding countries. Don't see any updates for those yet.

My heart goes out to all those there!

No comments:

Post a Comment