Friday, May 6, 2011

still cordless

So, we haven't been able to get a cord for my laptop yet, hence the lack of updates. We're in a PC bang (PC room) right now, that's right on a Friday night, checking our email and catching up on our usual Internet surfing. We're fun!

We had yesterday off because it was Children's Day and I had today off, too, because my school was amazingly nice enough to give us an extra long weekend. Very shocking! Not the case for Dennis... he had to work today. What was also shocking about my school was that they paid us a day earlier than usual because pay day landed on the Children's Day holiday. We thought we might get paid after the long weekend, but awesomely enough we got paid the day before. Yay! I got paid in cash again this month because I didn't get a bank account until today. We were so busy on pay day, no breaks long enough to even pee, that I almost forgot to get my envelope of money. I grabbed it right before heading onto the shuttle bus and didn't bother counting it because the bus doesn't wait and the school gave me the correct amount last month, so they probably will this time.

Needless to say, I should have counted it on the bus because I counted it last night and I'm $500 short! I was so pissed last night I couldn't sleep. I messaged my co-workers on Facebook to see if any of them were short any money or perhaps they got my pay and I got theirs. Two of my other co-workers haven't had a chance to get bank accounts yet, so they also got paid in cash. Long story short, turns out that Melissa got my envelope of money and I got hers. Argh. Thankfully, she's honest and told me. I'll get it from her on Monday.

Not a big deal, but still a hassle and it kept me up last night!

Time to go. Dennis has surfed all he needed to surf and is bored now and the smoke in this place is getting to me... even though there's a separate, closed-off smoking area, I can still smell, taste, and feel it (on my eyeballs).

If I don't get to post on Sunday... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment