Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dennis' 31st

Last Friday was spent birthday shopping for Dennis' birthday, exchanging gifts at the department store, and packing for our "camping" trip/"Best Kid's workshop".

After work I took the subway straight to the Lotte department store to search for a gift. I only had 20 minutes if I wanted to have the gift in time before Dennis got home from work at 7. I ended up getting him a couple of shirts from Hazzy's (a Korean name brand that's grown on me). Korean's pronounce it "haejees". I actually say it this way, too, because I have no idea how to pronounce it in English.

Once home, Dennis was surprised by my gift and we soon found out that he's apparently not a Large (he's a medium back home, but I went up a size because I know Korean sizing is tiny). He's an XL in Hazzy's sizing. We went back to Lotte to get XLs for both shirts and he also want to exchange the clothes he got for Teacher's Day from the parents of one class. They got him a Ralph Lauren shirt (in pink) and khaki shorts. A nice $220 gift. Crazy. Anyway, he left Ralph Lauren with the same shirt in green and a black t-shirt. He got cash for the balance remaining! Cash! We thought about returning it all and taking the cash, but he felt he needed nice shirts that he wouldn't normally buy for himself. We also tried to get his new watch sized, but we were silently rejected by the watch staff who spoke zero English. Yeah, he got a hundred dollar watch from his boss. What the heck! Hagwon bosses never buy their staff anything. Dennis scored with this school.


The Ralph Lauren shorts and shirt.


The Lloyd watch

After all that we watched Modern family episodes and started packing for the "camping" trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment