Sunday, June 5, 2011

Game 2 win!

Dennis, Jerry, and I went to Rocky Mountain Tavern in Itaewon this afternoon to watch the game, which they were showing at 1pm. The game was already over and done with by then, but we stayed away from Facebook and the Internet so as not to spoil the outcome for ourselves. When the 3rd period ended in a 2-2 tie, I just couldn't help myself, I had to check if we won or not. I quickly checked Facebook and got my fix... and a happy fix it was. I really didn't need to check FB because Burrows scored after 11 seconds in OT. Quickest Stanley Cup finals OT win I've ever seen. It was awesome.

The bar was pretty full, but it wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. There was another bar in Itaewon that showed the game live, at 9am, but that was just too early for us. We won, that's all that matters!

Dennis and I wanted to pick up a couple of $25 Canucks jerseys to wear for the game, but the guy was charging $35 and wouldn't budge on the price, so we just walked away. We were wearing our Canucks shirts and I had the old-style women's jersey, so no biggie.

Game 3 is on Tuesday here while I'm at work. Bummer. I wanna go home to see us win the cup, dammit!!!!


P.S. Is it bad that I want the Bruins to win game 3 so that we can watch the Canucks take the cup on home ice in game 5 on Saturday here?

No comments:

Post a Comment