Monday, June 6, 2011

Big Lebowski night



Heather and Luke (Dennis' co-workers) invited a bunch of us over last Saturday night for their Big Lebowski night. They have a big white screen and projector, so they invite people over all the time to share in the joy of their large, awesome "home theatre". It's quite nice and the quality is really good.

The first time I watched the Big Lebowski, it was hyped up way too much for me, so I was pretty disappointed when I finally saw it. This time around I expected it to disappoint me again, so to my delight I was pleasantly surprised at how funny it actually was. There were a couple other people there who hadn't seen it, so I told them not to let the hype of the dedicated night heighten their expectations. When it comes to movies, there's nothing worse than having a movie hyped up so much that your expectations are set so high, and really all that's left is room for disappointment.

My verdict: The Big L is a cult classic that shouldn't be missed. But don't let that affect you in any way if you haven't seen it! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment