Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm a skinny fat person

Dennis and I are now drinking Herbalife shakes because we're fat. Both our visceral fat levels are higher than they should be, I'm lacking minerals, not drinking enough water (at least 2L a day), and I need to build lots more muscle than I have. This is what the little machine told us in a print out when we visited Grace, the Herbalife rep and president of her company, Greendiet.

So, we've both joined the gym, are drinking the shakes, and are watching what we eat more closely. It's so annoying! But we have to do it because we want to be healthier.

Now, yesterday I came across this website, which pretty much scared me away from drinking milk and pretty much eating all kinds of meat, including eggs. I'm terrified! And apparently the best thing to do is get all meat and dairy products from farmers that raise pastured livestock, that is, they're are outside pretty much all day eating grass, and bugs (what they should be exposed to), and aren't pumped with antibiotics and fed grain (corn) which makes them mature too fast and makes them sick (hence the need for antibiotics). Now, how the heck am I supposed to find farms like this in Korea???

I suggest you all try to follow the above website to try to lead much, much healthier lives. And we wonder why cancer, diabetes, heart disease, are so prevalent and bacteria such as E. coli and things like Swine flu and Avian flu even exist. The term "watch what you eat" couldn't be more important these days. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment