Monday, November 21, 2011

health

I'm going to this place on Thursday with my friend Heather and possibly Dennis that tests how healthy/unhealthy your body is. Apparently, they wet your bare feet and hands and put you on this machine and you grab things with your wet hands and it measures your muscle tone, visceral fat, and a number of other things. How it does this, I have no idea. Friends of ours did it a few weeks ago and told us about it. The first visit is free. Of course, the company wants you to come back and buy their health products, but you're under no obligation to do so after your first visit. I just want to see my results. I'm actually pretty scared. One of our friends was given some scary news, but not shocking (to me) because of what I've seen him eat. I'm really glad he went because he needs a wake up call. A normal measurement is around 50, but his was at 150! If you don't know what visceral fat is it's the fat that surrounds your organs. Exercise doesn't get rid of it, a major change in your diet does. He and Mariko (his wife) are now changing their diets to lead healthier lives. Thank goodness because they're really good people and I'd like them to both be here for a long, long time. Mariko's actually quite healthy and fit, but her job is still the hardest... motivated her husband to eat healthier without sounding like a nag.

I'm supposed to log what I eat in the next four days before my appointment, so I've decided to log it on here. My next posts will just be listing what I ate, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment