Friday, September 23, 2011

It's my birthday tomorrow.

I'll be turning 32 and I can't say that I'm particularly happy about it. I'm not one of those people who hates their birthday because it means getting older, or anything like that. I guess I just feel like I haven't accomplished as much as I would have hoped to at this age. And who do I have to blame? Myself. I think that's what I'm most frustrated about. I have all the power within me to do what I want to do, be the person I want to be, go where I want to go yet I haven't done pretty much any of it knowing all that.

Is this what a mid-life crisis feels like? If that's what I'm having right now then I'll be dead in my 60s! I better get a grip!

Maybe I just need to go eat something. I get cranky when I'm hungry.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself!! Everyone thinks about this on their birthday (although they might not admit it), but if you dwell on it too long, it won't help you move forward. Try to see what you've accomplished as how the rest of us sees it. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete